The Special Offering for Christmas Eve, December 27th, and January 3rd will be the Christmas Offering. This money will be used to help Trinity fulfill commitments we have made to fund ministries in the larger United Methodist Church. A few of the hundreds of causes Apportionment money helps support include:
- AIDS work in Africa;
- Efforts to increase the minimum wage;
- Comprehensive immigration reform legislation;
- A lobby to provide fair wages and just working conditions for farm workers and others who labor on the social and economic margins of society;
- The UN Millennium Development Goals, and debt cancellation for poor countries;
- Community-based efforts to eliminate human trafficking & other forms of economic bondage;
- The Sager Brown Depot in Baldwin, LA, that provides buckets, healthcare kits, food, and advocacy counseling for victims of hurricanes.
We appreciate your help in this effort!