Last Sunday we made plans for our upcoming service projects, and then discussed our Heroes of Peace. We talked about the people, both public and personal, who we admire for being peace-makers in this world, and how we can learn from them. This Sunday we have a busy day of raising money for Heifer through our annual bake sale, distributing flyers in the neighborhood for the Nobelity Project’s book drive, and celebrating an early Christmas with a youth group lunch at Julio’s.
December 5th- Youth Service Projects and Christmas Lunch. Schedule for the day:
- 10am- arrive at the church with baked goods to sell after first service
- 10:45ish– walk through Hyde Park delivering flyers for the Nobelity Project’s book drive
- 12pm- come back to the church to sell baked goods after the second service
- 12:30pm- walk to Julio’s, at 43rd and Duval, to have a Christmas lunch party together.
- Parents should plan on picking up around 1:45 or 2pm from Julio’s