For the January meeting, the MFSA folks have invited a speaker from the Center for Public Policy Priorities (CPPP) with a discussion about the important issues they see for the upcoming session of the Texas Legislature. For more than twenty years, the CPPP has been a nonpartisan, nonprofit policy institute committed to improving public policies to better the economic and social conditions of low- and moderate-income Texans. The center works in six major areas:
- Creating economic opportunity to strengthen families and grow the middle class;
- Increasing access to quality, affordable health insurance;
- Helping families meet basic needs;
- Enhancing child well-being and child protection;
- Ensuring effective public administration; and
- Securing fair and adequate taxation to pay for critical public investments in Texas.
The meeting will be in the Fellowship Hall of Saint John’s UMC, 2140 Allandale Road in Austin. Come at 6:30p for snacks and mingling. The program begins at 7:00. Join us! Bring a friend!