- Where? Emmanuel UMC 200 Brushy St, Austin, TX 78702 (512) 472-4088
- When? Thursday March 10, 6:30 (snacks and conversation) and 7:00pm meeting
- What? Regular monthly meeting of MFSA (Methodist Federation for Social Action.) Guest speaker – Marjorie Herbert from Georgetown, retired attorney, will talk about organizing around the immigration issue in her community. She helped organize a major immigration event in Georgetown. From a Statesmen article in October 2010: “one of the organizers of the event (Marjorie), said the idea for the dinner came from the Methodist Federation for Social Action in Central Texas , which is trying to raise awareness all over the country about immigration issues. Among the questions being discussed, she said, are ‘what’s an intelligent and humane policy and what is the impact of the anti-Hispanic feeling that is embedded in the political rhetoric about immigration.’” We will also have input from those who attend the University UMC Forum on Immigration on Sunday March 6, 2-4 pm
- Why? To learn more about the immigration issue and to find ways individuals and local congregations could faithfully respond
- Who? Everyone is invited
- How? You may drive and park across the street from the church or you may contact Rowland and Janice Curry 468-3325 from St. John’s UMC about carpooling from there or Deana Henry 784-2951 from Trinity UMC about carpooling from there.