Today’s top needs:
- hands on volunteer opportunities can be found at http://beecreekumc.org and at Smithville and Bastrop city websites
- Smithville is asking for air mattresses, allergy medicine. Drop at church 400 Olive Avenue, Smithville
- Cedar Creek will begin assembling burn buckets and could use volunteers and supplies for burn buckets (see below) 5630 FM 535
- Bastrop and Smithville ISD need school supplies before school starts again. (see below)
Bastrop and Smithville School Supply List-for Middle and High School:
- college rule spiral notebooks
- 1″ binders with pockets
- loose leaf notebook paper
- backpacks to put them in.
Burn bucket contents (donate supplies or assembled buckets to Cedar Creek)
Put in bottom:
- Tri-sodium phosphate (TSP) or pine-based cleaner
- Liquid household bleach (1 82-oz or 2 1-quart bottles)
- Household cleaner (12-16 oz bottle)
- Liquid laundry detergent (2 25-oz or 1 50-oz bottle)
(General washing solution: 5 tbsp TSP + 1 cup household cleaner per gal water)
- Pair work gloves
- 2 pair latex gloves
- Scrub brush
- 18 re-usable cleaning cloths/wipes
- Dry cleaning sponge (about $5 in art-supply stores; wipes soot off surfaces)
- 6 regular cleaning sponges
- Bottle vanilla extract (add 1 tbsp per washer-load of clothes to deodorize)
- 5 dust masks (preferably N-95)
- 24-bag roll of large, heavy-duty trash bags
Place all liquid items in the bucket first. Place remaining items in the bucket fitting them around and between the liquid items. Items and trash bags can be separated in order to fit everything in the bucket. Ensure the lid is closed securely.
- All items must be new except for the actual bucket and lid.
- If you cannot find the requested size of a liquid item, use a smaller size. Including larger sizes of any item will prevent the lid from sealing.