A half day workshop on parenting without theistic religion presented by Dale McGowan.
Nine million parents in the U.S. are raising children without theistic religion. The Parenting Beyond Belief Workshop, a unique half-day workshop with author and educator Dale McGowan, offers practical solutions for secular parenting in a theistic world.
Based on the freethinking philosophy of the book Newsweek called “a compelling read,” the Parenting Beyond Belief Workshop is empowering secular parents across the country to raise ethical, caring, confident kids without traditional theistic religion.
- Encourage religious literacy without indoctrination
- Help kids interact productively with a religious world
- Help kids develop active moral reasoning
- Weigh church-state issues in the public sphere
- Help children develop a healthy understanding of death and a joyful love of life
- Build a family atmosphere of fearless questioning and boundless wonder
When: Saturday, October 15, 2011, from 9am to 1pm
Where: Trinity United Methodist Church, 4001 Speedway, Austin, TX 78751
Cost: $40/single and $65/couple
Childcare available. See the registration form for more details.
Registration Form: download here