Our new session of Wednesday night classes began October 19th, but it isn’t too late if you still want to join. We have a great selection of classes from which to choose, and delicious dinners from Go Go Gourmet. Registration forms are available on Sunday or you can download one here. As always, infant and toddler care is provided at no charge (please register in advance.) Dinner at 6:00 pm; Class from 7 – 8:30 pm.
- Class #1: Claiming the Promise: An Ecumenical Welcoming Bible Study On Homosexuality-Sid Hall
- Class #2: Mindfulness Training: A Path To Health And Meaning–Patty Olwell, MA, LPC-Intern
- Class #3: Evenings with T.S. Eliot and e.e. cummings-Mark Lett
Claiming the Promise: An Ecumenical Welcoming Bible Study On Homosexuality–Sid Hall
Lessons and discussions will:
- Explore biblical authority and biblical interpretation.
- Examine biblical references to same-sex conduct in light of the broader biblical message which affirms that we are children or heirs of the Promise.
- Discuss “gracious hospitality,” “gift-ed sexuality” and “supportive spirituality.”
- Tackle hard questions of “right relationship,” lust / love, and sexual responsibility.
- Call all Christians to live out God’s Promises as reconciling disciples.
Mindfulness Training: A Path To Health And Meaning – Patty Olwell, MA, LPC-Intern
Learn the impact of living in the present moment. This class will provide a supportive environment to explore the practice of mindfulness with simple exercises and techniques.
Bio: In addition to having my own mindfulness practice for the last 10 years, I graduated from St. Edward’s University in Austin with a Master’s degree in Counseling. Currently, I am the president of Austin IN Connection, a group of professionals dedicated to promoting healthy attachments and positive emotional development. I’m also on the board of GAINS, the Global Association for Interpersonal Neurobiology Studies. www.pattyolwell.com
Evenings With T.S. Eliot And e.e. cummings – Mark Lett
The class will explore the poems of T.S. Eliot and e.e. cummings through reading aloud and discussion.
Dinners from Go Go Gourmet
Fresh bread and a bowl of soup*… Add that to excellent company and thought-provoking classes, and you have the recipe for a perfect Wednesday evening! Craig provides the entrée and bread for each meal; salad and desserts are provided by volunteers (see registration form, available this Sunday.)
- 10/19 – Veggie Chili
- 10/26 – Tomato Basil
- 11/2 – Curry
- 11/9 – Vermont Cheddar
- 11/16 – French Onion
*All meals are vegetarian-friendly.