Join co-hosts Austin ECHO (The Ending Community Homelessness Coalition – dedicated to planning, prioritizing, and developing strategies to end homelessness in Austin/Travis County, Texas), Black Austin Democrats and Capital Area Progressive Democrats for this inaugural community forum.
Discussion will be aimed specifically at bringing local elected and appointed officials and candidates directly to those with expertise in and understanding of an integrated approach to addressing homelessness.
- Friday November 4, 2011
- Trinity United Methodist Church, 4001 Speedway, Austin Texas, 78751
- Main Sanctuary
- 1-4:30 p.m.
Forum Panelists include:
- Dianna Lewis-Gray, Director TX, Corporation for Supportive Housing – CHS helps communities create permanent housing with services to prevent and end homelessness.
- Frank Fernandez, Executive Director, Green Doors – Founded in 1990 by a formerly homeless young woman, Green Doors’ mission is to prevent and help end homelessness and poverty housing for those working to achieve independent living in Central Texas.
- Mitchell Gibbs, Director of Development and Communication, Front Steps – Working to End Homelessness in Austin. At Front Steps, we believe that everyone deserves a safe place to call home.
- Beth Atherton, Executive Director, Caritas of Austin – Over the past 47 years, Caritas has added programs and enhanced existing services to meet Austin’s changing needs. Caritas serves over 20,000 men, women and children per year.
- Elected Officials
- Appointees and Candidates for office in Austin and Travis County
- ACC Board
- Austin ISD Board
- Del Valle ISD Board
- Austin’s Community at Large