Join Trinity’s children for a very special year exploring peace through cross-cultural experiences and hands-on arts, service, and environmental projects. Using a curriculum based on the programs of Kids for Peace, Trinity will partner with individuals, families, and organizations (Peace Partners) to cultivate every child’s innate ability to foster peace.
Each quarter will focus on a different theme:
- Quarter 1: Global Friends – Children explore and experience lifestyles, languages and traditions of people around the world. We identify common bonds and we celebrate diversity. Peace Partner Ideas: Share a game, art project, recipe, and/or story from a culture near and dear to your heart. Presentations from cultural organizations are sought and welcome.
- Quarter 2: Eco Kids – Children take a dynamic role in preserving and protecting our earth. We participate in conservation, stewardship, recycling and clean-ups. Peace Partner Ideas: Work with children to create an environmental campaign, engage them in activities related to your personal and/or organization’s service in the community, or develop a children’s garden.
- Quarter 3: Community Builders – Children are actively engaged in making a positive contribution to their communities. We do this through leadership, service, kindness and civic responsibility. Peace Partner Ideas: Engage children in activities related to your personal and/or organization’s service in the community, use your network to engage a community leader to visit, or help organize a service project in which the children can participate.
- Quarter 4: Artists in Action – Children express their peaceful nature through visual and performing arts. We inspire others with the beauty we create. Peace Partner Ideas: Share your artistic talents, use your network to bring in a local artist/musician, work with the children on project.
- I pledge to use my words to speak in a kind way.
- I pledge to help others as I go throughout my day.
- I pledge to care for our earth with my healing heart and hands.
- I pledge to respect people in each and every land.
- I pledge to join together as we unite the big and small.
- I pledge to do my part to create PEACE for one and all.